Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007




Back Row L-R: Phillip (20) and Catherine (22)

Front Row L-R: Mrs. Claus, Santa Claus, Claudia

Floor: Christopher (10)
Holidays have always been anything but ordinary in our house. Working in a 24/7/365 job, I've spent so many holidays in the ER, on the ambulance or on the helicopter that I've lost count. "Alternative" holiday celebrations have always been the norm for us. And even though I'm not working anymore, 2007 is no different.

First of all, no Christmas is complete without the "feeding frenzy" that describes the gift opening!! No sense telling autistic kids to "slow down"; not even 20-year-old ones! Packages and wrapping paper fly through the air like a tornado has descended into the living room.

Our Christmas tree is on the front porch, thanks to a very small living room and the need for an uncluttered environment.

Then there is the "Christmas Feast" which has consisted of everything from cheeseburgers re-warmed in the microwave (McDonalds even closes on Christmas Day), to gas station pizza (the kids were with "Dad" and Amy and I couldn't find anyplace else open!), to lasagne, chicken enchiladas and the occasional "traditional" meal.

This year we've been blessed again. Friday night (Dec. 22nd) a couple from our church who "play" Santa and Mrs. Claus paid a special visit to our house! It was so amazing.

I've sent out my Christmas cards. My gifts are bought and wrapped. I even uploaded the Disney photos and wrote a Christmas letter that I posted on my web site.

Life is good. I pray that each of you have a blessed, peaceful Christmas with the ones you love, and no matter what "Christmas" looks like at your house, that you remember the true Meaning of CHRISTmas.

Merry Christmas,

Claudia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Claudia!!!

Love,
Kim

Kentucky Bound said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!