Just a super fast update to let everyone know that the move is now behind us. We love our cozy cottage! Email me at email@example.com and I'll send you an update. There are many very glamorous things you can help with....you know how glamorous moving is! *wink*
Hope to hear from you soon. Our Internet is up and running so I should be able to respond to your emails fairly quickly (within a day or two, when I take breaks from the other 90 million things moving-in entails).
Sunday, July 22, 2007
- We've got a contract on a house and if all goes well, we're moving a week from YESTERDAY.....
- We're frantically packing
- Christopher is sick so "frantically packing" means about one box every four hours in between whining, meds and hugs
- I'm trying to pace myself, but I laugh as I write those words
- I'm excited about the prospect of a home I can decorate how I want and that will be a reflection of "me" and my family
- The house we are moving to has a hot tub, and we just stocked up on Coors Light, so if you're interested in partaking in either, there's just ONE catch...you gotta help us with some "stuff"! :)
- Please pray for someone to rent our current house and move in (i.e. start paying rent) IMMEDIATELY when we move out... long story, but we will likely have to pay all of August rent PLUS pay for the new place (ouch)
- Call, write, email, IM, stop by..... I MISS MY BUDDIES!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Once again I am jotting this entry down in between other things I have to do! Lots of news:
- Had a WONDERFUL visit with my Mother and Sister...they are safely back in California and I miss them already!
- Catherine and Phillip were both here this weekend....it was AWESOME!
- We have put earnest money down on a house in Muncie! It is a single-story, cottage-style, 3 BR, 2 BA and I am SOO excited (there is a picture on my website "announcements" page)
- I got my power wheelchair Saturday: Permobil c500 Corpus. We have a couple of details to "tweak" and I'm set....now I just need a wheelchair van so I can go out in it! :)
- A friend and fellow PALS (person with ALS) has invited (and is paying for!) me to join he and his wife on an 8 day cruise in August and I'M GOING! :) Catherine will go with me as my travel companion and we'll have some much-needed mother/daughter time! :)
Life is good. Love, Claudia