Monday, January 21, 2008

Life is Good



"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."----Joseph Campbell


I have been so busy! What a wonderful life! Sure, I get tired and I even had a few days "under the weather" last week, but I am so blessed to be alive! Last weekend Phillip came to stay Friday night. My friend Julia came over too and it was like a great slumber party! I slumbered, and Julia and Amy stayed up half the night talking! LOL! Phillip is always so happy to be here and Christopher is always so glad to have him here, even if they are a little like dynamite and fire! One thing it is NOT when Phillip is here is QUIET! Phillip is very happy and rotates "play areas" with Christopher throughout the visit.... Christopher's room, the living room, the kitchen, back to Christopher's room, etc. with Christopher alternating in whatever space is not currently in use. There is always either a children's TV program, Sandy Patty video, Gaither video or "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" blaring the entire visit... and usually two from the list...one for each of the boys! It is joyful mayhem. I do find that my hyperactive reflexes don't tolerate the chaos very well, and I spend the entire time in a state of hyperarousal verging on jitters. Oh well, it is great to see the "dudes" together!



This past weekend Christopher was doing "the worm" (his autistic, lay-on-the-floor-belly-down-wiggle-with-your-feet-in-the-air thing) and Phillip (big brother that he is) just HAD to reach down and push Christopher's face into the carpet The amazing part is no one was having a meltdown... just two "normal brothers" doing "brother stuff". Christopher had a rug burn on his nose to prove that "big bro" was here!!! LOL



Life is good. Love, Claudia
(PS... don't forget to spread the word about Christopher's Service Dog Project!!!)


1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

I love reading what you write. I need to link you into my list. You would enjoy reading my niece Dori's blog. They have a service dog for their little boy. I hope you have a wonderful day. Love,Rachel

P.S. The quote on your blog is so true about living the life we have, not what we think we should have. xo