Friday, May 11, 2007

Since then.....

I don't know where the days go! Christopher turned 10-years old day-before-yesterday. Catherine graduated from Anderson University (with a BA in English) on May 5th and left for a two-week trip to London on the 9th.

Prior to Catherine's graduation, all we were doing for several weeks was running back and forth to doctor's appointments! Christopher was ill, running a fever for nearly a month. He is doing much better now and the immunologist/infectious disease physician is looking for the "why". We go back for a follow up in just over a week.

Tomorrow we are leaving for a 'retreat'. Amy, Christopher, a friend and I are going to Townsend, TN. Townsend is a little town right on the edge of the Smoky Mountains National Park. Amy and I have visited there numerous times through the years, the last visit being 7 years ago this year! It will be interesting to see how much it has changed.

Yesterday, Rob, one of the pilots I used to fly with came over with his lady-friend and put in a small garden for us! He gingerly transplanted my seedlings from their containers on the front porch into the rich brown soil. He added seeds for other veggies as well. I am SO excited. We will have fresh, home-grown vegetables this summer! MMMMMMM!

In the next week, another friend, Matt, is coming by to build a "retaining wall" around the garden out of railroad ties. Matt is coordinating the effort (and probably doing most of the work) to keep our yard mowed this summer.

I am so incredibly blessed. I am enjoying the slower pace, finally having weaned myself off the adrenalin I lived on for so many years. I am rested when I wake up in the morning for the first time since I can remember. Life is good.

I'll post pictures of graduation and Tennessee when I get back. Love to you all, Claudia

No comments: