Sunday, August 5, 2007

Getting Settled In

We moved, suddenly and sooner than we expected, on July 25th. As it turned out, it was either that day or not until August 15th. So, with less than 24 hours notice, we moved! I was so blessed to have All Star Moving Systems (Atlas Van Lines, Muncie) DONATE the move to us! The owners, Tony and Pam Brown, had been looking for a family to move for free.....in gratitude for all God has given them. And they choose ME! To say that it was a blessing is an understatement!!!!!!!! The move was still exhausting for me and I spent several days in severe pain from the spasticity in my body, but Pam Milligan (Branches of the Vine Therapeutic Massage, Indianapolis) worked the "sore" out and I'm back to full steam!

The house has fewer boxes every day and we are feeling like we are getting "moved in". My dear friend from Young-Nichols Ambulance days (now THAT is ancient history!), Julia (Myers) Smith has been decorating Christopher's room. It is a Disney theme with Mickey border half way up the wall, dark denim blue curtains and paint (on the lower half below the border) and cream paint on the top half. Julia is painting Christopher's name on the wall also, along with three of his favorite Disney Characters (Mickey, Goofy and Donald). He just LOVES his "Mickey" room already and I promise to post pictures when we get it finished.

The plans for redecorating the other rooms are formulating and will be implemented as funding allows. The next room to be decorated will be Amy's bedroom which is currently LAVENDER, then the kitchen will be next after that(currently "wine rack" wallpaper and dark MAUVE paint....ewwwwww). Still, the house is so cute and so "homey". I am so glad we moved. We are close to everything but feel like we're out in the country when we hear the chorus of cicadas and crickets at night and birds during the day. Once the current "air you can wear" heat and humidity pass, I will return to working outside as my strength permits and definitely will spend some more time swinging on my porch swing.

This morning, Pastor Greg (Greg Paris, Union Chapel Ministries) spoke about "How Do I Face the Future?" and one thing he spoke of struck me personally. In Joshua 1:1-11, God instructs Joshua to "be strong and courageous". That is what I intend to do.....live my life, as long as I'm alive, being as "strong and courageous" as I can be, and praying for God's grace to strengthen me and his love to give me courage. I pray that for you too.

Love,

Claudia

No comments: