Friday, January 15, 2010

I Don't Understand

There's something I just don't understand.  Why did God give me a passion  for emergency medicine, the ability to do it well and a desire to do medical missions only to allow me to lose the chance to go and help?  Watching the coverage from Haiti makes me feel so frustrated.  I could have helped.  I want to help.  Why is my mind fine and my body betraying me?  I should be helping!  I should be helping!  I WANT TO HELP!

I have many friends and former co-workers who are already planning their trip to Haiti.  I am envious.  I feel so useless.  I could help... I should be helping!

Then I realize that the world goes on and people will help and really no one will miss me or my contribution.  This isn't about me.  This is about the Haitian people.  Poor, suffering people BEFORE the earthquake and now, literally in a living hell.  I can pray.  I can give up something and send a little bit of money...that's it.

Please join me in doing whatever you can (however small it might be) for the people of Haiti.  Thank you!

No comments: