Thursday, February 25, 2010

Unexpected Blessings

Recently, in response to an article in the Indy Star asking for Indiana families, we were nominated for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (EMHE).  While it would be unbelievable if we were chosen, the real blessing has been all the love and support I’ve received.  A couple of people have even shared their nomination letter with me and I am humbled and honored.  Most people live their whole life without those around them telling them what they love about them.  Then at the funeral or memorial service, people line up to say nice things about them.  Why not tell them NOW?  I’m not sure I deserve the credit I’ve been given.  I just loved my kids and cared for my patients the best way I knew how.  Still, knowing that a few people thought that I have done a good job means so very much.  Who do you need to tell?

Thank you for loving me.  Makeover or not, God is meeting our needs, challenging me to be a better person and giving me opportunities to show love to others.

I am blessed!!

No comments: